Most of us have grown up watching Disney characters like Mickey Mouse, Cinderella, Goofy and many more, and we all had one or more favorite Disney character. Mad hatter, Donald Duck, Pukahontas and Pluto, they have all entertained us in our childhood and for some, even in adulthood. Almost every Disney fan has wished to meet his/her favorite Disney character in real. I remember growing up wishing to meet Cinderella and having clothes like her. My dream was to have Pluto as my pet dog. In 1971, Walt Disney Company made every child’s dream come true by opening Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista Florida. It is one of a kind theme park resort where people of all ages can come and enjoy rides both exciting and thrilling. They can relax and recuperate in different water parks or spas. The entire resort has variety of activities to offer where kids and adults can have fun together. This is why it is the best place to visit for any generation.
Walt Disney World Resort or more commonly known as Disney World is the most visited entertainment attractions in the United States. It is a tribute to the idea and life of Walter Elias Disney and to the talents and the devotion of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney’s dream come true. Disney world was created with the mission to be fun for everyone, and keeping that in mind a kingdom of ideal and perfect world was created.
In the World of Walt Disney
It is probably called Walt Disney World because it is a world with numerous places to occupy the visitors. There are four theme parks in Walt Disney World and they are no conventional amusement parks. These parks have much more than just rides, there are stage shows, shops to browse, Disney characters to meet, parades, and fireworks. The four theme parks are:
- The Magic Kingdom
- Disney’s Hollywood Studio
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Two of the world’s most famous water parks also located in Walt Disney World Resort. They are:
- Typhoon Lagoon
- Blizzard Beach
There are six golf courses and two shopping areas which provide shopping, dining, and other entertainment activities. There are 34 Disney resorts and hotels which are classified into four categories: Deluxe, Moderate, Value, and Disney Vacation Club Villas.
Walt Disney World is so huge that an individual theme park can attract a visitor for a whole day. There are many other attractive fun things to do in the Disney world; from golf, tennis, boating, spas, health clubs, and race cars to backstage tours, sporting events, and much more. Hence a trip to Disney World requires minimum of four to five days.
Things to do Walt Disney World
In a place like Disney World where every place is exciting and fun, it is easy to lose track of things. It is always good to make a plan and choose the things that you wish to see beforehand. There are number of things to see and do at Walt Disney World but the top picks are as follows:
- The Three Mountains (Magic Kingdom): Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain are must-see for all adventure lovers.
- Magic Kingdom’s Wishes Nighttime Spectacular. Fireworks show which is remarkable and worth watching.
- Kilimanjaro Safari (Animal Kingdom). It is no less than a Safari experience in Africa. It can be best experienced during the morning as the animals seem to be more active.
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (Disney Hollywood Studios). It is a ride which promises to entertain thrill seekers.
- Soarin’ (Epcot) is a ride with a convex screen and riders are lifted up and into the screen so it feels hanging on a glider soaring over California.
- Living With The Land (Epcot) – This is an educational yet entertaining boat ride taking you through an indoor greenhouse, where you can explore and know more about alternate ways to grow crops, raise fish, and feed people in the toughest environments.
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’s (Epcot) fireworks, laser and water show celebrating the spirit of humanity.
- Kim Possible (Epcot). It is a game in which you become a secret agent and go on interactive quests in Epcot to save the world. It is fun and fascinating at the same time.
- Festival of the Lion King (Animal Kingdom) – If you are a Lion King lover then you will enjoy this Broadway like 30 minute performance of the popular Lion King movie, with acrobatics and music.
Best time to Visit
For any visitor who has flexible travel dates and many things to do at Disney World avoid peak season and seek for the least busy time of the year to visit this dream land. Usually the crowd is lowest in October, November, December and January. Less rush means little waiting time in queues and low prices too. December maybe the most magical time of the year at Disney World, as Christmas decorations and huge Christmas tree leaving the visitors in awe. On the down side, it may be too cold to visit water parks. August and September can also be considered, as they offer a good balance of crowd, price and temperature.
If you have kids, then you have no choice but to visit during school break which also happens to be the peak season. This period includes Christmas week, February to April, June to mid-August. During the busiest times of the year, lines can be up to two hours long for the most popular attractions.
If you are planning to have a day rest in your vacation, choose to arrive on Thursday, that way you can enjoy two days of parks with reduced crowds and then use Sunday to rest.